Obesity is essentially a condition where the body weight exceeds the ideal body weight by about 20%. Obesity can be a forerunner before the onset of diseases like diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, infertility, sleep apnoea, kidney and heart disease. The Obesity clinic at MMHRC was started in March 2009 and offers complete and permanent solutions for obese patients, who are unable to reduce weight through diet restrictions and exercise. This department offers holistic treatment for patients where obesity has become a health hazard or interferes in their quality of life. The department is led by American Weight Management qualified doctors and two trained staff members.
- Dr. K.Krishnammal, M.B.B.S, Weight Management Consultant (USA) Nutrition & Wellness Consultant (USA)
- Nutrition & Wellness Programme
- Weight management programme for adults & children
- Neurobic –brain exercises
- Weight Loss Exercise Program
- Stress Management Programme
Facilities and Equipment
The department conducts obesity awareness seminars at colleges, Lions clubs, Public sector, Hospitals, Senior Citizen clubs from time to time.
- Special street camps for the public in association with the Lions Club
- Free fat check-up camps for the public
E-mail us at:
Call us at:
Mob: 9787735075 / 9443335075
Tel: 0452-2588741 / 4263000