Meenakshi Mission Hospital & Research Centre (MMHRC) is the largest Multi-specialty Hospital in South Tamil Nadu. The hospital is a pioneer in the field of super-specialty, providing world-class healthcare delivery at an affordable cost and has several laurels to its credit. Managed by the SR Trust, the grand edifice of MMHRC has been successfully built upon its 4 pillars:
- Quality service
- Full time consultants
- Committed employees
- Support of its well-wishers.
The hospital has won the trust of more than 9000 referral doctors, 37 insurance & TPA companies, 50 corporates and several delighted and healthy patients.
- MMHRC first started out with the department of Urology, and has come a long way since.
- Today it boasts of 32 medical departments from Cardiology to Cardio-thoracic surgery, oncology to gastroenterology and Neurology to Urology.
- MMHRC is the largest tertiary care hospital in South Tamil Nadu
- MMHRC is relied upon by many, for its 24 hour Emergency care and its Intensive care units.
- The hospital is also supplemented with its 24 hour Clinical Laboratory services, Pharmacy, Nuclear Medicine and Imaging & Diagnostic services.
- MMHRC is the first name that comes to mind, when it comes to quality and timely cardiac care in the region.
- MMHRC is known for its established Cardiac Care Centre – Cardiology and Cardio-thoracic surgery.
- The Centre is equipped with a state-of-the-art Cardio-thoracic Operation Theatre, 2 advanced Cathlabs and state-of-the-art equipment.
- MMHRC is now the State's most renowned and No.1 Centre for Cardiology, performing 120 angioplasties every month
- We are proud to have successfully performed more than 3050 By-pass surgeries and 4750 angioplasties.
- Our Dialysis centre is the region’s most sought-after centre and has done more than 73000 dialyses since its inception.
- The Centre for Orthopaedics & Spine Clinic has performed more than 17500 surgeries.
- MMHRC has the only Smile Train Centre in the region which has successfully performed more than 6000 free cleft-lip and palate surgeries.
- The Camilla Childrens’ Cancer Centre at MMHRC is the region’s only hope for children suffering from cancer.
- The hospital’s mission states a simple truth:
"No man is too poor to afford first-grade medical treatment."
This is the driving force which helps us performs wonders. We have successfully performed more than 150 free heart surgeries on underprivileged children. Our newly inaugurated Paediatric Oncology has enabled us to provide world-class treatment to children suffering from cancer and we have succeeded in treating more than 150 children so far.
Quality Equipment & Care
MMHRC is renowned for its pioneering efforts to offer world-class technology at affordable rates to the economically down-trodden. The country’s first fully automated Biochemistry and Immunoassay Analyser is one such example which is capable of performing 1640 tests in an hour. Our state-of-the-art Diagnostic service is equipped with the region’s best equipments and facilities to make sure that our patients are given the best care.
Patients in other countries find it difficult to undergo surgeries in their own country on account of rising insurance premiums, spiralling cost of medical treatment and long waiting periods for consultation. MMHRC has all that a patient could ask for – skilled doctors, quality equipment, medical expertise and compassionate care at an affordable cost. Madurai is no stranger to the wave of “Medical Tourism” sweeping across India. At MMHRC, we have treated patients from the US, UK, Maldives, Sri Lanka and other Asian countries, who have returned home, satisfied, cured and pleased with our superlative services. In 2010 alone, we have treated 200 international patients, and the number seems to be increasing every year.