Vision, charity and the ability to transform ideas and dreams into reality are some of the qualities that have distinguished Meenakshi Mission Hospital since inception. Our mission, for over 20 years, has been to provide affordable, world-class health care to all. We are now getting closer to translating our vision of "No man is too poor to afford first grade medical treatment."
As we mature, we learn new things, acquire new skills and take up new challenges. And yet, ideally, while we change in so many ways, we remain true to our core values. So it is, with our Hospital also. Having enjoyed 20 years since its inception, we celebrate the changes over the years. At the same time, adhering to our core values is what has made this hospital what it is: one of the finest in India.
We are proud of the fact that this institution has always respected and continues to honour the founding principles viz. Service to the Community. This remains the corner stone on which the great edifice of MMHRC has been built. We are driven by a single thrust, to offer the very best care to every patient, every single day. We pride ourselves at walking the extra mile for every patient, offering cutting edge technology and making revolutionary strides in the field of affordable health care
It is not enough to stare up the steps - We must step up the stairs….
At Meenakshi Mission Hospital, we have chosen to climb the ladder rung by rung. We work earnestly towards our vision of MMHRC being a sanctuary of care for the individuals in need of medical assistance and intervention. We not only strive to fulfil the comprehensive medical and nursing needs of our patients, but we also adopt a patient-friendly approach in which we treat our patients and their families as our partners in holistic care. MMHRC has lit a beacon of hope in many hearts and has become an institution of trust.
Our hospital strives to make a difference: our staff and volunteers serve the community with dedication, compassion and commitment towards “Medical Excellence with a Heart.” Together we endeavour to become one of the most competitive hospitals in the health care industry, in the country. At MMHRC the emphasis is on
- Quality, patient care delivery systems
- Efficiency in operations
- Reliability for stakeholders
- Thrust on discovery
- Active involvement in Clinical Medical Research.
Twenty years after the day of our birth, we know more, we do more and we look very different. But at MMHRC, times have never altered our commitment to the community that brought us to life in the first place. The “Smile Train” team has brought a smile to many a face. The team has conducted about 6000 cleft lip / palate surgeries, which is no mean achievement. As the human existence is challenged by incomprehensible diseases and ailments, we attempt to reach the core of scientific processes to unearth their remedy and focus on our goals.
Many corporates offer "Employees Health Schemes" and have tied up with our hospital for the treatment of their employees. On getting the referral from these corporates, the patients will be admitted and cashless treatment will be given till discharge. The bills will be forwarded to their respective corporates for payments. Since MMHRC offers highly satisfactory services, over 60 companies have chosen to have corporate tie ups with the hospital, benefiting over 8000 corporate patients every year.
Our corporate partners are listed below:
AVTech Ltd, Hosur
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- BSNL - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute, Karaikudi.
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute.
- Central Warehousing Corporation Ltd.
- Covanta madurai operating pvt. ltd
- E.I. Dupont IndiaLimited.
- EKAM Foundation
- E.S.I.- Employees State Insurance Corporation
- ECHS - Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme
- Fenner India Limited.
- Food Corporation of India
- Heavy Water Plant, Tuticorin.
- Hindustan Motors Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited.
- I.B.P.Co. Limited.
- Indian Airlines Limited
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Jet Airways (India) Pvt Limited.
- Kodai International School, Kodaikanal.
- Madras Cements Limited, Virudhungar.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited,
Pioneer Spinners, Kamuthakudi.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
- Rajshree Sugars & Chemicas Ltd
- Sakthi Sugars Ltd, Sivaganga.
- Shri Ramalinga Mills Limited
- SPIC - Southern Petrochemical Industries Corporation Limited, Tuticorin.
- T.V.Sundaram Iyengar & Sons Limited, Madurai.
- Tamil nadu Minerals Ltd.
- Tamil nadu State Transport Corporation Ltd,
- Tamilnadu Cements Corporation, Alangulam.
- The National Small Industries Corporation Limited.
- Titan Industries Limited, Hosur.
- Tuticorin Alkaline Chemicals ltd
- Tuticorin Port Trust Cargo handling Labour Pool, Tuticorin.
- Tuticorin Port Trust, Tuticorin.
- Villa Shipping and Trading Co. Pvt. Limited.
The government employees who are approved to get treatment at MMHRC include the following:
List of Diseases covered under the Tamil Nadu Government Orders
Cardiology and Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Open heart surgery including
Coronary By-pass surgery (CABG)
Correction of congenital complex heart diseases
Angioplasty and PTCA stent (approved in G.O.Ms.No.556, Finance (Salaries) Dept., Dated 8.11.2004)
Balloon Valvulo Plasty
Peripheral artery embolism (Embolectomies) By Pass surgeries (Aneurysm repair)
- Total Hip replacement
- Total Knee replacement
- Fracture of hip and limb bones
- Ball and socket fracture.
- Arthroscopic repair of ligaments of knee.
Nephrology / Urology
- Renal transplantation
- Surgical Management of Malignancy (Cancer)
- Laser or Radiation, for treatment of cancer.
- Bone tumour, Cancer Surgery
Emergency life saving operation on the brain / spinal cord.
Advanced specialized operation on the brain and spinal cord such as cerebro vascular surgery (Aneurysm and Arteriovenoces Malformation), skull base surgery, deep seated tumour of the brain, synotactic surgery)
Surgery for Intractable Epilepsy.
Surgery for congenital malformation including Hydrocephalus
Gullion Bari syndrome (i.e. Parkinson disease)
- Any cataract surgery with or without Intra Ocular Lens (IOL)
- Glaucoma surgery.
- Surgery for detachment of Retina.
- Keratoplasty (Corneal Grafting)
- Laser treatment - Krypton Laser, Dye Laser, Argon Laser, Photo Coagulation.
- Liner Accelerator Therapy (for senile Macular Degeneration Tumour)
- Surgery for detachment of Retina.
- Amputation of Legs.
(already approved in G.O.Ms.No.400, Finance (Sal.) Dept., Dated: 29.8.2000 and included in this list for the purpose of allotting Serial number).
- Amputation of arms.
- Amputation of toes (foot ulcer).
- Amputation of foot.
- Acute upper airway obstruction.
- Corrective structures GI tract.
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
Plastic and Facio Maxilliary
- Injuries in the ear, nose, throat and neck areas and their management.
- Surgery for the removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Brain Fever and related ailments.
The Manager - Corporates