The primary mission of the Department of Radiology is to provide state-of-the-art diagnostic and interventional radiology services in a timely and cost-effective manner for the benefit of all the patients. The Department offers a wide array of outstanding education, research, and clinical service programs with a deep commitment to developing and disseminating subspecialty expertise.
The Department's strengths begin with its people - faculty and staff. All full-time Faculty participates in educational activities and research programs. The department boasts of rendering equal diagnostic services to the people from various socio-economic strata, by adhering to the founder chairman’s vision “no man is too poor to receive first grade medical treatment” Our mission is to provide excellence in radiology research and teaching, and to achieve the highest standard of patient care with the latest diagnostic equipments.
The department is equipped with an enviable cathlab which allows for intervention in any body part including neuro interventions. The department is gifted with a dozen young dynamic Residents, backed by experienced consultants, who are always in action and keep the department moving with their great strength.
We are also running a teleradiology workshop, through which we are offering reporting programmes. The department is marching forward into the new era of global and personalized medicine with great enthusiasm and a strong fervor, widening our horizons to scale new heights!
Facilities & Equipment
- X- ray machines - Ranging from 20 mA -800 mA
- Image intensifier
- Voluson E8- high end colour doppler
- Voluson Pro - real time 4D colour doppler
- Logiq 5 - Colour Doppler
- Logiq E book portable colour doppler
- INNOVA 2100 3D Cath Lab
- Siemens Axiom Artis U
- Computed radiography
- Multi slice CT scanner (optima 64 slice )
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- 1.5 tesla MR scanner (Philips)
- DEXA – Bone densitometer
1.5 Telsa Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Modern high field Magnetic resonance imaging enables us to delineate anatomic structures in greater detail and detect early and stable disease processes. Specialized studies cube MR Spectroscopy, MR Angiography, MR Venography, MR Mammography can be done.
64 Slice Cardiac Computerized Tomography (CT)
The newly commissioned 64 slice cardiac CT performs quick scans with less radiation dose Coronary angiography (study of blood vessels supplying the heart) and is a less invasive procedure.
We have installed advanced ultrasonography machines which are used to perform specialized studies, such as 3D & 4D imaging, foetal Echocardiography, Trans Rectal ultrasonography, intra operative ultrasonography, endoscopic ultrasonography apart from abdominal occurs & Doppler studies.
Interventional Radiology Clinic
An Exclusive clinic for Interventional Radiology is equipped with all the latest facilities, state-of-the-art equipment and dedicated staff, who have been exclusively trained in all advanced interventional Radiology procedures done in our department. These procedures include:
Peripheral Vascular Diseases
Angioplasty / Stenting for Arterial Stenosis, Thrombolysis for Acute Arterial Thrombosis, Sclerotherapy/Embolization for Congenital Arteriovenous Malformation.
Laser / RF Ablation for Varicose veins Sclerotherapy for Varicose veins Thrombolysis for deep Venous Thrombosis.
Bronchial Artery Embolization for Haemoptysis CT Guided Biopsy of Lung Lesions, Percutaneous RF Ablation of Lung Tumours.
Hepato Biliary and GIT Disorders
CT/Ultrasonogram guided biopsies, Aspiration /Drainage of Liver Abscess, Percutaneous Trans-hepatic Biliary Drainage / Stenting, Tipss for Portal Hypertension, Hepatic Vein Stenting for Budd –Chiari Syndrome, Super Selective Embolization for lower GI bleed, Endoscopic Ultrasound guided Biopsy / FNAC / Celiac Plexus Neurolysis / Pseudocyst Drainage
Placement of Chemotherapy Ports, RF Ablation of Tumours, Trans arterial Chemotherapy for hepato-cellular carcinoma
- Image Guided Bone Biopsy
- RF Ablation of Osteoid Osteoma
- Genito Urinary Disorders
- Embolization for Fibroids
- Fallopian Tube Recanalisation
- Uterine Artery Embolization for Post Partum Haemmorrhage
- Renal Biopsy
- Renal Cyst Aspiration
- Renal Abscess Drainage
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Angioplasty and Stenting for Renal Artery Stenosis / Renovascular Hypertension
- Super Selective Embolization for Hematuria
- Ultrasonogram guided Trans Rectal Prostatic Biopsy
- Head and Neck Disorders
- Coiling of Intracranial Aneurysm
- Glue Embolization for Intracranial Arteriovenous malformations
- Preoperative Embolization for Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma
- IVC filter placement to prevent pulmonary embolism in cases with deep venous thrombosis
- Stent Graft for Aneurysms
- Image Guided Neurolysis for Chronic Pain
- Intra Arterial Thrombolysis for Acute Stroke
- Dr. T.Mukuntharajan, MBBS, DMRD - Sr. Consultant & HOD
- Dr. N.S.Mani, MD (Radio), DMRD - Hon. Visiting Consultant
- Dr. N.Karunakaran, MBBS, DMRD, DNB (Radio) – Consultant
- Dr. R.Ganesh, MBBS, DMRD, DNB (Radio) - Consultant
- Dr. Nancy Mano Dass, MD (Radio) - Registrar/li>